2024 SS&A OMFNL FIXTURE RELEASE
The SS&A Ovens and Murray Football Netball League are excited to release their 2024 Official Fixture. The 2024 season will commence on Friday 29th March as part of a 3-day Easter weekend opening round.
Key features of the fixture include:
- Rd 1 – Good Friday – Wangaratta v Wang Rovers (night) and Raiders v Lavington (day).
- Rd 1- Football returns to John Foord Oval with Corowa Rutherglen set to host Albury on Easter Saturday (30th March).
- Rd 3 – Wangaratta v Wodonga under lights at Norm Minns Oval.
- Rd 5 – ANZAC Split Round – Raiders v Wodonga and Albury v North Albury to play Thursday 25th April.
- Interleague – Saturday 25th May the GVL will host the OMFNL in football & netball, with the OMFNL to field a 15 & Under netball team for the first time.
- Rd 10 – Split Round – Wang Rovers v Wangaratta on Sunday 23rd June.
- Rd 12 – Indigenous Round.
- The Hall of Fame function returns to a mid-week event on Wednesday 24th July.
- As part of the Hall of Fame celebrations, a “Showdown” match (taken from Rd 16) will be fixtured between North Albury and Lavington on Saturday 27th July.
- OMFNL Grand Final to be played Sunday 22nd September at Lavington Sports Ground.
Quotes attributed to League Chairman David Sinclair:
“As with most seasons, the fixture is one of the most challenging tasks for the O&M Board. Despite achieving parity with all clubs fixtured to play each other twice and receive nine home games each, the effort required to assist clubs in maximizing their gate returns is a considerable task.”
“We are very excited to welcome Corowa Rutherglen back into the draw in 2024, as it was shown that a nine-club fixture proved difficult for clubs to navigate at stages of the 2023 season. With multiple breaks required to capture Easter weekend, along with giving all local leagues their traditional Grand Final slots, we are pleased to return to a ten-club competition to provide O&M supporters a more familiar looking fixture in 2024.”